Started our sunday with brunch at 82 Queen. They have the most lovely little garden seating area! Chicken and waffles were excellent, seasonal french toast... not so much. I spent the rest of the day shopping in all the cute little boutiques along King Street. And after a good number of hours spent walking I treated myself to a few french macarons from Macaron Boutique and gelato from Paolo's. Neitheir of which wowed me, but were a great way to end the day.
I had a little list of "must do's" when in Charleston that I ran across and actually managed to fit it all in (minus two) in just two days!
- Take a carriage ride - nope, didn't do this. Honestly, I'd rather walk it myself.
- Stroll through The Battery park - Check!
- Explore City Market - Check, and found some great little trinkets to bring home.
- Tour at least one of the Ashley River plantations - did not do this either ... was only half interested in doing this anway.
- Be a beach bum. Check! Folly Beach times two!
- Admire the architecture - um... check. Lots of photos to process!
- Shopping in Upper King Street. Check!
I cannot thank my friend enough for putting me up and putting up with me (and my photo taking) for a couple of days. Was a great weekend!
... via iPhone ...